Special notices from Armorcast, Learn about special sales, contests, show attendences or shipping delays.
Info on the 2017 USPS Postage Rate Increase
The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) will implement new postage rates for several mailing and shipping products on Sunday, January 22, 2017.
We have had difficulties shipping to Russia, Ukraine, etc in the past and several years ago discontinued shipping to this region. After doing research we have found one way to be sure packages arrive - Postal Insurance.
Summary of the 2016 Postage Rate Increase:
- April 2016 Update! First Class Mail Letters (1 oz.) rates will decrease from $0.49 to $0.47 when purchased at the Post Office. Each additional ounce will cost $0.21.
- April 2016 Update! The discounted “Metered Mail” category for First Class Mail Letters (1 oz.), which includes online postage providers and postage meters, will decrease from $0.485 to $0.465. Each additional ounce will cost $0.21.
- April 2016 Update! First Class Mail Flats (1 oz.) will decrease from $0.98 to $0.94. Each additional ounce will cost $0.21.
- April 2016 Update! Postcard rates will decrease from $0.35 to $0.34.
- Priority Mail Express will see an average rate increase of 15.6% in 2016. Additionally, the Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Box will be discontinued in 2016.
- After three years without a shipping rate increase, Priority Mail will see an average rate increase of 9.4% in 2016. Additionally, Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C will be discontinued in 2016.
- First Class Package Service will see an average rate increase of 12.8% in 2016. Additionally, the maximum weight for First Class Package Service Commercial Base pricing (online postage) will be increased from 13 ounces to 15.99 ounces. Also, Commercial Plus pricing for First Class Package Service will be eliminated in 2016.
- April 2016 Update! First Class Mail — Parcels available at the Post Office will also see a decrease and rates will start at $2.45 (previously $2.54) for a 1 oz. package.
- Parcel Select Nonpresort (purchased online) will be renamed to Parcel Select Ground in 2016. Standard Post will be renamed Retail Ground in 2016.
- April 2016 Update! Media Mail rates will start at $2.61 instead of $2.72 for a 1 lb. package.
- Priority Mail Express International will see an average rate increase of 11.6% in 2016.
- Priority Mail International will see an average rate increase of 10.2% in 2016.
- First Class Package International Service will see an average rate increase of 21.6% in 2016.
Other USPS News:
- Click-N-Ship Pricing: Starting in 2016, Commercial Base Pricing (online discounts) will no longer be available for the Click-N-Ship program for shipping labels printed on USPS.com. All pricing for the Click-N-Ship program will be Post Office/Retail Rates.
- The U.S. Postal Service will discontinue the Critical Mail service in 2016.
As you can see above, the worst hit for rate increases has been First Class International Mail and that is the most popular way Armorcast ships to our international customers. There is only so much a small business can do to help out the customer and we cannot absorb the shipping fees. What we can suggest to make the shipping fees moree tolerable would be to go in with friend(s) to offset the fee.
There are four Ruined Cottages kits and the Stone Footbridge that have been re-released. These models work great in an Fantasy, Medieval or WWII setting. The models are cast in polyeurothane resin and supplied unpainted and unassembled. These models are designed for 28mm to 35mm scale games.